UK-Malaysia Digital Innovation Programme
As part of the UK Government’s Asia Pacific Digital Trade Network (DTN)’s mandate to support UK Tech firms’ internationalisation in APAC region and capitalisation of the burgeoning market opportunities in the region, the inaugural UK-Malaysia Digital Innovation Programme was launched by His Majesty’s Trade Commissioner to Asia Pacific, Natalie Black CBE, alongside Andrew Mitchell CMG, Director General, Exports & UK Trade, DIT at London Tech Week 2022.
The Programme aimed to showcase how established UK digital solutions can help realise digital ambitions outlined in the MyDigital blueprint and the 4IR policy, and support the drive towards a fully digitalised Malaysian economy. The programme focused on four areas which will be key to the future of Malaysia’s Digital Economy: Food Security, Smart Cities, Circular Economy and Renewable & Efficient Energy.
As the delivery partner for the Programme, IoT Tribe connected UK digital tech businesses with leading Malaysian corporates. By aggregating complementary strengths and resources, the Programme sought to create opportunities for significant strategic commercial partnerships and investments. It also aimed to showcase the digital innovations from the UK tech sector, and emphasise the opportunities available for UK businesses to grow in Malaysia.
In Partnership With
The Demo Day, hosted at Sunway Resort Hotel on March 20 2023, was the culmination of the UK-Malaysia Digital Innovation Programme, where 14 of the UK’s most disruptive Net Zero startups were invited to showcase their technologies to Sunway Business Units and other key stakeholders in the Malaysian tech ecosystem.
The Demo Day featured keynote speeches from:
- YB Rafizi Ramli, Malaysian Minister of Economy
- Evan Cheah, Group Chief Executive Officer of Digital and Strategic Investments, Sunway Group
- Natalie Black CBE, His Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for APAC, Department for Business and Trade
To compliment the startup showcase pitches, the Demo Day also featured the soft launch of Sunway iLabs and a panel discussion on ‘Driving Net Zero Action & Scaled Adoption of Technologies in Smart Cities & Industries Across Malaysia’ involving:
- Fabian Bigar, CEO, MyDigital Corporation
- Chris Bush, Regional Director, Asia Pacific, Digital Trade Network, Department for Business and Trade
- Raymond Siva, Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Investments Officer, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Datin Ir. Nor Ziha Zainol Abidin, Head (Corporate Ventures), Strategy & Venture Division, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
Tap on their disruptive technologies and novel solutions