Internet of Things (IoT) is central to the Net Zero ambitions of today’s societies, with IoT technologies predicted to reduce global emissions by 15% over the coming decade. By harnessing the power of real-time data and connected devices, IoT technologies can be used to drive significant operational and energy efficiency, contributing to the decarbonisation of cities, industries and supply chains.
The DECARBONISESY Accelerator Powered by IoT Tribe, is a highly-selective, equity-free programme for outstanding startups and scaleups with product or services built around the Internet of Things (IoT), helping cities and industries achieve a net zero future.
The DECARBONISESY Accelerator is designed to quickly help startups increase their product-market fit, enhance their market visibility, and offers a myriad of opportunities to work with IoT Tribe’s network of corporate partners in the UK and globally on potential pilots, partnerships and funding opportunities.
In Partnership With
Scale Up Your Startup & Engage With the Market
We’ll reinforce your capacity through 5 high-impact Capacity Building Workshops:
- Succeeding as a Net Zero Startup
- Communicating Your Value in a Crowded Net Zero Space
- Developing Sustainable Software Solutions
- Selling the Net Zero Ambition: Strategies for Business Development
- Fundraising for Net Zero Startups
Enhance your market visibility through high-impact events held in-person, including a Net Zero Event in South Yorkshire, participation at the IoT Expo in London, as well as virtual Net Zero events, to raise your company’s profile with corporates, investors, and other stakeholders and the Net Zero tech ecosystem.
Receive exclusive access to our other net zero programmes and initiatives, such as the Net Zero Tech Alliance, UK-Malaysia Innovation Programme (offering up to US$500,000 potential investment).
Access validated opportunities to test and scale your products and solutions with some of the UK and world’s leading corporates looking to adopt cutting edge IoT technologies as part of their net zero pursuits. Selected startups will get the opportunity to be part of our Tech Studios© to scope potential pilots with 3-5 corporates.
Benefit from an in-person visit to the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, home of the Rolls-Royce engine and Boeing will provide invaluable insight to South Yorkshire’s growing tech ecosystem.
Dedicated business support from IoT Tribe, and mentors from leading corporates and tech agencies to help you enhance your value proposition, and your go-to-market strategies.
The programme will commence in November 2022, and will be held in a hybrid format, with both in-person and online sessions to maximise impact. There’ll be a series of intensive capacity building workshops, mentoring sessions, networking events to engage with the market, and Tech Studios© to scope potential pilots with corporates.
- 23 November – 1:1 Onboarding (Virtual)
- 28 November – Launch Event & Welcome Lunch (in Barnsley)
- 28 November – Workshop 1 (in Barnsley)
- 30 November – Workshop 2 & Workshop 3 (in Barnsley)
- 6 December – Meet the Mentors (Virtual) & CTO Roundtable (Virtual)
- 8 December – Workshop 4 (Virtual)
- 13 December – CTO Roundtable (Virtual)
- 15 December – Workshop 5 (Virtual)
- To be arranged – 1:1 Mentoring
- 24 November – Tech Summit (at Barnsley DMC) – Optional
- 29 November – Site Visit to the AMRC (in Sheffield) & South Yorkshire Net Zero Event (in Barnsley)
- 1 December – 2 December – IoT Expo (in London) – Optional
- Other events – dates TBC
- January – February – Tech Studios
Light touch follow-on support to ensure that business impact can be maximised, and promising pilots to be delivered.
We’re looking for high-growth startups and scaleups that meet the following criteria:
- Be from the South Yorkshire region, or be willing to register a presence in the market*
- Ideally be set up by at least 2 founders
- Have at least a minimum viable product or service built around IoT technologies, offering a Net Zero solution
- Have ideally received pre-seed funding and/or have some revenue stream(s)
- Possess the ambition to scale up
- Be able to commit for the full duration of the programme, and be willing to attend the in-person sessions held in Barnsley and/or London
*As the programme is targeted at supporting the growth of the South Yorkshire technology ecosystem, priority would be given to South Yorkshire- registered companies. However, we may admit a certain number of outstanding companies from other regions/countries. Companies that do not currently have a presence in South Yorkshire will need to register a presence in South Yorkshire to be eligible and this will need to be confirmed before the programme commences. Terms & conditions apply.
Join the UK’s Newest Tech Scene
While Manchester and Leeds usually dominate tech headlines in the north, Sheffield and wider South Yorkshire have been quietly building a tech startup scene to rival the best in the country. The city now employs around 14,750 across 1,135 tech companies, and is home to several cutting-edge technology research centres, all of which contribute to the region’s growing reputation as a thriving place to grow a tech startup.
Sustainability and a move towards Net Zero are prominent themes in the ecosystem in SY, with research projects underway in the region involving offshore wind turbine technology, EV battery technology, hydrogen as a fuel, and minewater as an energy source. Startups are the lifeblood of many of these projects, driving the move towards Net Zero for South Yorkshire.
South Yorkshire Has Your Back
This programme is held in partnership with Barnsley Council, and fully funded by TEAM SY (Technology Ecosystem Acceleration, and Market-Making South Yorkshire) through the European Regional Development Funds (ERDF), Capital Enterprise and Barnsley Council.
In addition to the support received directly from IoT Tribe, startups will receive valuable business growth support from Barnsley Council and access opportunities in the South Yorkshire region.
* Startups must register a physical or virtual presence in South Yorkshire to be eligible for selection to this programme.
Still unsure if the programme is for you? Book a call with us now to discuss your fit
Hear what our IoT Tribe alumni say...
Join the UK’s newest tech scene
Applications close 14 November