IOT TRIBE LTD understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.iottribe.org (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Information About Us
Our site is operated by IOT TRIBE LTD, a limited company registered in England under company number 10593145 and registered address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ.
What does this policy cover?
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What types of data do we collect?
You directly provide IoT Tribe with most of the data collected. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or form on any of our webpages and provide the data as part of the completion process.
- Use or view our website using a browser with cookies enabled.
How do we use the data we collect?
IoT Tribe may collect your data so that we can:
- Stay up to date with visitor trends and optimize our website accordingly.
- Email you with information and offers of products and services we think might be relevant to you.
When your data is collected, IoT Tribe may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent deals and purchases. We may also share your data with partner or third-party companies if that is required for us to dutifully offer our products and services to you.
How do we store your data?
IoT Tribe stores your data securely on the cloud in a secure, encrypted manner. Any collected data will be kept up to a year and once this time period has expired, your data will be deleted from our servers on the next round of data clean-ups, performed regularly as part of our recurring data management protocols.
What marketing activities do we conduct?
IoT Tribe may send you information about products and services of ours that we think may be relevant to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing messages from us, you may always choose to opt out at a later date. You also reserve the right to stop IoT Tribe from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
IoT Tribe would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to access – you have the right to request IoT Tribe for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service,
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that IoT Tribe correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request IoT Tribe to complete any information you believe is incomplete,
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that IoT Tribe erase your personal data under certain conditions,
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that IoT Tribe restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions,
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to IoT Tribe’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions,
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that IoT Tribe transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you within a one-month time period.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – IoT Tribe uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used,
- Advertising – IoT Tribe uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. IoT Tribe sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How can you manage your cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, although some of our website features may not function as a result.
How do we manage outbound links and backlinks?
How can you contact us?
How can you contact the appropriate authorities?
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that IoT Tribe has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Start a live chat with the ICO here or call their helpline at 0303 123 1113.