Technology Lead (Singapore)We are looking for a Singapore-based Technology Lead who has a deep understanding of the role technology plays in corporate strategy, and is able to architect technological solutions which would deliver value for our corporate partners.
ABOUT IOT TRIBE
IoT Tribe accelerates the growth and adoption of disruptive technologies globally. As a trusted partner to corporates, government agencies, investors, startups, SMEs and other ecosystem players across industry verticals worldwide, IoT Tribe brings together communities where tech talent and partnerships can thrive.
We enable corporates and the public sector to disrupt the future through fast-track technology adoption and co-creation, data-driven insights, white-label accelerators, support for intrapreneurship and corporate venturing. We achieve this through a unique, highly collaborative and curated technology ecosystem that drives disruption. We offer our partners unparalleled access to technologies and partnerships that can fuel their businesses and startups access to an equity-free accelerator that will help them scale.
We are looking for a Technology Lead based in Singapore who can understand our corporate partner tech requirements and identify and support our startups to deliver on these requirements.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity where you get to work closely with IoT Tribe’s corporate partners on their digital transformation journeys and adoption of new and disruptive technological solutions by IoT Tribe’s portfolio startups, scaleups, SMEs & R&D partners. You will conduct technological due diligence on startups joining our accelerator programmes, expand our network of technological partners in the region, and partner with our portfolio startups & corporate partners to architect and implement technological solutions.
This role is ideal for a resourceful and highly driven individual who is aspiring to take leadership in the technological space and navigate across multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. You are an innovative, analytical and algorithmic problem solver, with a good understanding of project management and have a demonstrated interest in tech and entrepreneurship.
This role reports directly to the Head of Programmes Singapore.
The candidate will be given significant and unique responsibility of:
Technology Implementation & Pilot Management
- Effectively scoping and leading the end-to-end technology implementation or pilot process with corporate partners and startups
- Designing the pilot management methodology and tech adoption/co-creation blueprint for working with corporate partners
- Work closely with our corporate partners to understand what data sets or opportunities they might have available and constraints related to use & access
- Identify how these digital assets can be used to derive new value and solve problems
- Work closely with startups to identify what part of their solutions rely on data and how these can be used within the context of our corporate partners’ needs
- Analyse and interpret complex results with data, translating it into simple and clear visualisations to non-technical users
- Conducting due diligence on start ups’ technologies, interviewing and selecting quality startups to be part of the accelerator programmes
- Working closely with the Head of Programmes & Head of Partnerships to identify the technologies that are relevant for corporate partners’ requirements and plan the recruitment strategy for upcoming accelerator programmes
- Leading tech-related sessions for our accelerator programme and events
- Advising portfolio startups on scaling their technological capabilities and guiding them on their technology implementation and pilots
Tech Partnerships & Business Development Support
- Expanding and leading the engagement with our network of tech partners in the region including institutes of higher learning, tech associations/organisations, R&D communities, lab infrastructure, tech transfer networks etc.
- Supporting our Head of Programmes & Head of Partnerships with technological insights
- Contributing to tech related aspects of tenders and corporate partnerships proposals and white papers
- Identifying new areas of growth on the technological front for IoT Tribe and introducing new technologies to improve and transform IoT Tribe’s processes and our offerings to our customers
- Leading the design and management of these new technology and business systems projects, perform platform evaluation and deployment, negotiation and coordination of third-party vendors, service level management, operational procedure development and provide on-the-ground support to internal and external users.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a resourceful and hands-on individual with a “can-do” attitude who has a track record of turning possibilities into tangible outcomes. You must have a strong appreciation and passion for IoT Tribe’s vision, with a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Degree graduate with a STEM major, ideally with at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and have strong project management skills
- Experience with technology implementation between corporates and startups
- Broad understanding of the technology landscape and how key enabling technologies can be adopted by corporates
- Highly dependable, able to complete projects on time and accurately
- Consultative and are able collaborate effectively with team members and external parties
- Process oriented with strong project management, planning and organisational skills – demonstrated capacity to prioritise and handle multiple tasks under deadline and ability to anticipate potential problems and create contingency plans
- Able to analyse and identify problems and opportunities objectively
- Highly adaptable, flexible, and comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Strong business acumen, stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Data science skills, programming languages, data visualisation & analytics tools are welcome but not required
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
You are also required to:
- Take your share of responsibility in delivering the culture agenda and setting the bar high with the quality of work
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities and regularly link in with the tech ecosystem
- Take ownership of performance outcomes
- Travel occasionally
You will also be a firm believer that women play a valuable role in technology and, whether you are a man or a woman, strive to make sure that women participate in the programme as founders, mentors, investors and supporters.
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.