Chief Sustainability Officer, Net Zero Tech Alliance (London, UK)We're looking for a dependable and driven individual with a real understanding of organisational and technical complexities to lead our Net Zero Tech Alliance globally and develop relationships to expand our tech alliances.
IoT Tribe accelerates the growth and adoption of disruptive technologies globally. As a trusted partner to corporates, government agencies, investors, startups, SMEs and other ecosystem players across industry verticals worldwide, IoT Tribe brings together communities where tech talent and partnerships can thrive. We achieve this through a unique, highly collaborative and curated technology ecosystem that drives disruption. We offer our partners unparalleled access to technologies and partnerships that can fuel their businesses and startups access to an equity-free accelerator that will help them scale.
We are currently finalising the design and launch of the Net Zero Tech Alliance, a new initiative to bring together leading stakeholders from industry, government and academia to collaborate and fast-track discovery, validation, piloting and adoption of less evident, more impactful solutions that can drive net zero progress exponentially across its members.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced sustainability executive for the position of Chief Sustainability Officer, Net Zero Tech Alliance. The CSO is a key leadership position within IoT Tribe’s UK office and the Alliance globally.
With both strategic and operational responsibilities, you will be leading the launch of the IoT Tribe Net Zero Tech Alliance globally and developing relationships that can lead to expanding our tech alliances.
The CSO role is ideal for a sustainability executive who has extensive experience driving the net zero strategies and roadmaps of corporates. Critically, you understand how technology can be used to accelerate Net Zero goals.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is based in London.
The CSO will have full strategic and P&L responsibility to drive the launch and growth of the Net Zero Tech Alliance. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and directing the overall strategy and operations of the Net Zero Tech Alliance globally.
- Working closely with senior sustainability & business executives in corporates to define, develop and implement individualised Net Zero goals, strategies, and technology implementation roadmaps.
- Establishing thought leadership and building awareness of the Net Zero Tech Alliance amongst corporates, public agencies, R&D institutions and the wider community
- Facilitating the knowledge exchange and sharing amongst alliance members
- Establishing partnerships with corporates and leading research institutions globally to drive the validation and commercialisation of net zero technologies
- Working closely with the wider IoT Tribe team to develop and manage relationships with corporate, public agency, academic and industry partners
- Developing and setting up channels to drive thought leadership on issues that support the drive to Net Zero, through events and workshops, both organised by us and others
- Ensuring that alliance members are on track with their key metrics and objectives and crystallising the value that the Alliance has brought to their operations and goals
- Tracking and reporting on the key metrics throughout the engagement and using these to progress further
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
We are looking for a dependable and driven individual who has a real understanding of organisational and technical complexities involved in achieving net zero and the analytical skills to design systems to monitor results in complex environments and. You must be able to appreciate and communicate IoT Tribe’s vision with passion and credibility. You must also have a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment and:
- Masters or other advanced degrees in a relevant field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience developing and executing sustainability strategies, as well as accelerating the adoption of technologies and a corresponding extensive network of global sustainability leaders
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to engage and interact with senior executives from corporates, public agencies, R&D institutions, startups from a wide variety of industries and countries
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrable experience in P&L management, stakeholder engagement, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of sustainability, technology and corporate innovation and how to create value for corporates in the pursuit of net zero
- Passionate about sustainability, technology and constantly keeping abreast with the latest industry developments and market opportunities
- Consultative, analytical and able to collaborate effectively with the IoT Tribe team & Alliance members
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and inspire high performing teams.
- Ability to analyse and identify problems and opportunities objectively, and make recommendations to alliance members
- Native English, with excellent writing and public speaking skills and ideally a second language
- Prior in-house corporate sustainability or management consulting experience would be ideal
Apply using the button below.