Chief Operating Officer (London, UK)We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our operations and spearhead the growth of IoT Tribe across the UK and Europe.
IoT Tribe accelerates the growth and adoption of disruptive technologies globally. As a trusted partner to corporates, government agencies, investors, startups, SMEs and other ecosystem players across industry verticals worldwide, IoT Tribe brings together communities where tech talent and partnerships can thrive. We achieve this through a unique, highly collaborative and curated technology ecosystem that drives disruption. We offer our partners unparalleled access to technologies and partnerships that can fuel their businesses and startups access to an equity-free accelerator that will help them scale.
We are looking for a dedicated Chief Operating Officer, based in London, UK, who will be leading the operations and spearheading the growth of IoT Tribe in the UK and Europe.
This is a challenging, hands-on and results-driven opportunity for someone who is already well-established in London’s exciting tech and corporate ecosystem and who has the ambition, proven skills and networks to lead IoT Tribe’s operations and growth in the UK and Europe.
With both strategic and operational responsibilities, the COO role is ideal for a resourceful and highly driven individual who is aspiring to take leadership in driving the growth of IoT Tribe. In addition to leading operations in the UK, you will also be responsible for securing commercial partnerships, navigating across multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. You have a track record in securing high-value partnerships with C-level decision makers in leading corporates and public agencies and in ensuring operational excellence in a bootstrapped environment. Critically, you understand technology and how it contributes to delivering on business strategy.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is based in London.
The COO will have full strategic and P&L responsibility to drive the operations and growth of IoT Tribe. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and directing the strategy and operations of IoT Tribe in the UK and Europe
- Managing IoT Tribe’s existing technology acceleration programmes and initiatives, as well as establishing new ones
- Identifying, building relationships and driving engagement with leading corporates and public agencies looking to be at the forefront of technological adoption and disruption
- Developing and setting up channels to drive thought leadership, through events and workshops, both organised by us and others
- Developing a relevant sales pipeline to reach agreed revenue targets
- Leading negotiation with corporates and public sector clients to secure commercial partnerships
- Preparing appealing presentation decks and proposals for clients, including tenders and public-private partnerships
- Supporting startups, scaleups & SMEs in the Tribe on their go-to-market strategy, and driving their proof of value with corporate and public agency partners
- Ensuring that we have data on the key metrics and value delivered through every initiative, analysing the data, and using insight to drive our own progress and that of the Tribe
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
We are looking for a dependable and driven individual who has a track record in tech and corporate business development. You must be able to appreciate and communicate IoT Tribe’s vision with passion and credibility. You must also have a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment and have:
- An MBA/BSc or above with at least 10 years’ experience in management and corporate business development, as well as accelerating the adoption of technologies with a corresponding extensive network of contacts in the UK & Europe
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to engage and interact with C-level decision makers from a wide variety of industries and the public sector
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrable experience in P&L management and contributing to strategic market positioning
- Demonstrated track record in closing complex sales cycles and securing commercial contracts with corporates
- Deep understanding of technology and corporate innovation, and how to create value for corporates looking to supercharge their businesses through the adoption of disruptive technologies
- Intellectually curious, keeping up to date with the latest industry developments and market opportunities
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement, you will be extensively networked and understand the value of a pay-it-forward approach to community building
- Consultative, analytical and able to collaborate effectively with the IoT Tribe team & external parties
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and inspire small teams to deliver on tight schedules and budgets
- Ability to analyse and identify problems and opportunities objectively, and clearly articulate solutions that align with our values, Tribe and market needs
- Native English, with excellent writing and public speaking skills and ideally a second language
Apply using the button below.