Business Coach (Contract, Singapore)We are looking for a dedicated, Singapore-based Business Coach who will support startups on our Deeptech Accelerator programme running from Sep 2021 to Nov 2021.
IoT Tribe accelerates the growth and adoption of disruptive technologies globally. As a trusted partner to corporates, government agencies, investors, startups, SMEs and other ecosystem players across industry verticals worldwide, IoT Tribe brings together communities where tech talent and partnerships can thrive.
We enable corporates and the public sector to disrupt the future through fast-track technology adoption and co-creation, data-driven insights, white-label accelerators, support for intrapreneurship and corporate venturing. We achieve this through a unique, highly collaborative and curated technology ecosystem that drives disruption. We offer our partners unparalleled access to technologies and partnerships that can fuel their businesses and startups access to an equity-free accelerator that will help them scale.
We are looking for a dedicated Business Coach based in Singapore who will be supporting startups on our Deeptech Accelerator programme running from September 2021 to November 2021.
This is a challenging, results-driven and exciting opportunity where you will guide startup & scaleup founders on the IoT Tribe Deeptech Accelerator Programme in their business strategy, go-to-market, financials and fundraising.
The Business Coach role is ideal for an entrepreneur who has successfully scaled up their technology startup, or a former senior corporate executive who has extensive experience with working with technology startups. Critically, you understand how to grow a startup and can advise startups on our accelerator programme on scaling up their business, expanding into new markets, and working on pilots or implementations with corporates.
This role reports directly to the Head of Programmes in Singapore.
The contract for this role will be for 3 months, from September 2021 to November 2021. The Business Coach will be required to commit to 8 hours a week to coach 10-12 growth-stage startups on the Deeptech Accelerator Programme.
The Business Coach will be given significant and unique responsibility, working closely with the Head of Programmes to support startup founders on the Deeptech Accelerator programme. Responsibilities include:
- Running capacity building workshops as required during the accelerator programme
- Providing advice to startups on their business plans, go-to-market strategy, budget and finance management, fundraising, operations and resource planning, marketing and business development strategy
- Working with startups to chart their growth roadmap
- Guiding startups on their pilots or project implementations with corporates, and helping them to effectively streamline the process for maximum results
- Ensuring that startups are on track with their key metrics and objectives
- Tracking and reporting on the startups’ progress regularly throughout the acceleration programme
- Maintaining a coordinated approach with the IoT Tribe team to the provision of startup support for the duration of the programme
Skills, qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a dependable and driven individual who has strong business acumen and can support growth-stage startups on scaling up their business. You must have a strong appreciation and passion for IoT Tribe’s vision, with a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Degree graduate with entrepreneur experience in scaling up technology startups, or former senior corporate executive with experience working with startups
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to engage and interact with startup founders from a wide variety of industries and nationalities
- Strong business acumen, stakeholder engagement and problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding of the startups, deep technology and corporate innovation landscape and how to create value for corporates
- Passionate about technology and constantly keeping abreast with the latest industry developments and market opportunities
- Consultative and collaborate effectively with the IoT Tribe team & startup founders
- Ability to analyse and identify problems and opportunities objectively, and make recommendations to startup founders
- Prior Entrepreneur-in-Residence, coaching, mentoring or advisory board experience would be ideal
You will also be required to:
- Take your share of responsibility in delivering the culture agenda and setting the bar high with the quality of work
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities and regularly link in with the tech ecosystem
- Take ownership of performance outcomes
You will also be a firm believer that women play a valuable role in technology and, whether you are a man or a woman, strive to make sure that women participate in the programme as founders, mentors, investors and supporters.
Please submit your application using the button below.