Startup & Business Development Associate (Singapore)We are looking for an enterprising individual with a can-do attitude to support and facilitate our business development initiatives with corporates, public agencies, startups, scaleups and other ecosystem players.
ABOUT IOT TRIBE
IoT Tribe accelerates the growth and adoption of disruptive technologies globally. As a trusted partner to corporates, government agencies, investors, startups, SMEs and other ecosystem players across industry verticals worldwide, IoT Tribe brings together communities where tech talent and partnerships can thrive.
We enable corporates and the public sector to disrupt the future through fast-track technology adoption and co-creation, data-driven insights, white-label accelerators, support for intrapreneurship and corporate venturing. We achieve this through a unique, highly collaborative and curated technology ecosystem that drives disruption. We offer our partners unparalleled access to technologies and partnerships that can fuel their businesses and startups access to an equity-free accelerator that will help them scale.
We are looking for an enterprising individual who is confident and self-motivated with a can-do attitude to support and facilitate our accelerator programmes, corporate business development initiatives and ecosystem building efforts from the Singapore office. This role offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the startup and technology ecosystem, while having an opportunity to contribute to IoT Tribe’s business development efforts and work closely with startups and scaleups with emerging technologies.
- Scouting and creating a deal flow of relevant tech startups to join our acceleration programmes: reviewing profiles, shortlisting and outreaching to startups
- Generating leads of corporates and public agencies to support our business development
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals for corporate partners and public tenders
- Coordinating acceleration programmes: Liaising with workshop speakers, mentors and coordinating schedules
- Outreaching to relevant associations, institutions and organisations to grow our network of community partners
- Tracking & reporting progress of startups within the programme
- Generally providing support to the Head of Programmes & Head of Partnerships
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in business development, marketing, or partnerships. High potential fresh graduates may also apply.
- Attained at least a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, and be able to multi-task while demonstrating attention to detail.
- Be a team player and self-motivated; you need to be able to organise and prioritise your own workload, and successfully complete assigned tasks on time in a guided but autonomous way.
- Have demonstrated interest in tech and entrepreneurship, as well as possess great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders professionally; you know how to make attractive presentations, write proposals and have an excellent command of English
- Possess great research skills and are tech-savvy
- Be a firm believer that women can play valuable roles in technology and, regardless of your gender, strive to ensure fair participation of women in IoT Tribe’s activities as founders, mentors, investors, among others
- Applicants must be a Singaporean or Permanent Resident